Saturday, May 6, 2017

Titus 3 Are you being profitable?

God's Mercy to Us
3For at one time we too were foolish, disobedient, misled, enslaved to all sorts of desires and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another.
4But when the kindness of God our Savior and His love for mankind appeared, 5He saved us, not by the righteous deeds we had done, but according to His mercy, through the washing of new birth and renewal by the Holy Spirit. 6This is the Spirit He poured out on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior, 7so that, having been justified by His grace, we would become heirs with the hope of eternal life. 8This saying is trustworthy. And I want you to emphasize these things, so that those who have believed God will take care to devote themselves to good deeds. These things are excellent and profitable for the people.

Yes at one time, more than once I was foolish, living for the world, working and playing hard, waiting for, no longing for the weekend so I could drink my troubles away. Not getting drunk but the euphoria stage of feeling good and not having any troubles.
I was trying to fill the hole in my heart, the one that God put there when I was formed in my mothers womb that only He could satisfy.
But my Savior appeared, picked me up and washed me and gave me a new birth and renewal by the Holy Spirit. He made me His adopted son and an heir with the hope of eternal life.
When my earthly father died, two of my sisters took everything. They took his home which I helped build, his money, his retirement. I let it go and decided to let a God handle the situation. I believe He has blessed me because of it. I pray for them daily and ask God to open their eyes and bring them to repentance.

My Heavenly Father has made me an heir, He doesn't lie and no one can steal His estate, that is His promise to me of eternal life through His Son Jesus Christ. Satan can try, he can whisper in my ear, I may sin, but I accepted the gift and it can't be taken back! I will have hope, I will have eternal life with Him in heaven.
I will devote myself to Him by showing His love and doing good deeds to be profitable for Christ. It is my prayer that someone will say, I want what David has and that God will use me to bring them to Christ.

Are you being profitable?

Blessings, David

God is not greater if you reverence Him, but you are greater if you serve Him.
Augustine

No comments:

Post a Comment