Sunday, May 28, 2017

Stop it!

Sin is something that everyone does, but not something that everyone lives
and walks in. Christian's come in all different degrees from established
and mature, to babies and unknowing. I know what it is like to have
desires, give into them, and then feel horrible about it. I also know what
it is like to be a "Christian" and have an active lifestyle of sin and not
really care about what God thought of it. Conviction and justification come
differently to everyone. There is a list of people that will NOT be
welcomed into the kingdom of heaven, *1 Cor 6:9 Do you not know that the
unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived.
Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor
sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor
extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.* I used to have multiple sins
from that list that I was a part of. There is another verse that I think
about regularly, *1 Cor 10:31 So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you
do, do all to the glory of God.* I want to encourage all those that are
actively living in sin that call themselves a "Christian", STOP IT. If you
are single and in a relationship, do not live like you are married. If you
quote scripture one minute and curse words the next, think before you
speak. If you fall anywhere on that list, be careful, Jesus is coming back
soon. My thoughts are, when Jesus comes back, will what I am doing be
glorifying to God or will it cause me to be left behind.

Douglas 

No comments:

Post a Comment