Friday, May 12, 2017

Are you having one of those days?

Have you ever had one of those days when you just needed to know that
someone cares about you, when you needed to feel loved and important? For
many people in our society, they seem to put on blinders and develop tunnel
vision. Recently I have gone through some situations that have been
stressful and somewhat overwhelming. There have been many situations when
others knew that something was going on, had the opportunity to be able to
minister to me, one did and many others didn't. One specific instance was
when I was asked how I was doing, my response was simple, "I am making it
through the day". I got a pat on my back and the other person just walked
off. I read, "Sometimes the strongest among us are the ones who smile
through the silent pain, cry behind closed doors, and fight battles that
nobody knows about". There are many verses of how we are to treat
one-another as brethren. *Hebrews 3:13 But continually encourage one
another every day, as long as it is called “Today” [and there is an
opportunity]...* and, *1 Thes 5:11 Therefore encourage and comfort one
another and build up one another, just as you are doing.* I think about the
words of the Lord Jesus, *John 13:35 By this everyone will know that you
are My disciples, if you have love and unselfish concern for one another.*
My hearts desire is to fulfill these verses by my actions and let everyone
know in their heart that, Jesus loves them and I do too.

Douglas 

No comments:

Post a Comment