Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Today is the Day to Repent and Return!

There have been many times throughout my Christian walk that I have felt at
a distance from God. There have also been many different reasons for those
feelings. The first and most disappointing reason has been sin, there has
also been times of busyness, laziness, pride, selfishness and some others.
As we look to the scriptures we can see one of the most powerful men of the
Bible, who played with the enemy and lost big time, Samson. *Judges 16:18
When Delilah saw that he had told her all his heart, she sent and called
for the lords of the Philistines...**Judges 16:20 And she said, “The
Philistines are upon you, Samson!” So he awoke from his sleep, and said, “I
will go out as before, at other times, and shake myself free!” But he did
not know that the Lord had departed from him.* Samson was blinded, binded
and then grinded, because he did not head the words of God. Then, *Judges
16:28 Then Samson called to the Lord, saying, “O Lord God, remember me, I
pray! Strengthen me, I pray, just this once, O God, that I may with one
blow take vengeance on the Philistines for my two eyes!”* Samson's
vengeance was for personal reasons, and not for the offense against God,
and yet God answered his call. No matter how far away from God you are and
for whatever reason, today is the day to repent and return. If you would
like to be closer to God today, I have a simple prayer. Dear Heavenly
Father, I confess that I have sinned and I know that my sin and selfishness
has separated me from you. I also understand that i can be forgiven by the
death of Jesus upon the cross. Please fill me with Your Spirit so that I
can live for you until either I come to You or You come and get me. In
Jesus precious and powerful name, amen.

Douglas 

No comments:

Post a Comment