Thursday, May 25, 2017

Defenseless

Defenseless - is a position that no one ever wants to be in and yet so many
people choose to live in. I remember when I first became a Christian, it
seemed like every aspect of my life was in chaos. People think, come to
Jesus and everything smooths right out. For some, it probably does, for me,
everything was always worse. I think of the verse, *Ephesians 6:12 For we
do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the
authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against
the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.* Never really
understood that in the beginning. The more that I got into the Word, and
the more the Word got into me, my eyes were opened to the spiritual warfare
going on all around. I look to how the Lord Jesus responded to the enemy
attacks in Matthew after Jesus had been fasting, the devil came and said,
*Matt 4:3...“If You are the Son of God, command that these stones become
bread.”* Jesus response was to the point. *Matt 4:4...“It is written, ‘Man
shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the
mouth of God.’”* There were 2 temptations following the first and the Lord
Jesus' response started off the same, "It is written". Brethren, may we
understand, that if we do not know what is written, we won't have a prayer.

Douglas 

No comments:

Post a Comment