Monday, May 29, 2017

Hebrews 5 How did you learn obedience?

7During the days of Jesus’ earthly life, He offered up prayers and petitions with loud cries and tears to the One who could save Him from death, and He was heard because of His reverence. 8Although He was a Son, He learned obedience from what He suffered, 9and having been made perfect, He became the source of eternal salvation to all who obey Him 10and was designated by God as high priest in the order of Melchizedek.

Obedience, we all failed at it one time or another. I recall in my early teens we were on a camping trip driving in the car pulling a tent trailer with my parents and six children. I wasn't behaving. My father scolded me and told me if I didn't straighten up he would leave me in the park. I ended up getting out of the car as the family drove off. No one else was around and I sat on a picnic table. A big spider crawled on my shoulder and it startled me. Shortly after my parents drove back. I was asked by my father if I was going to behave? I replied yes.
I was a son, but was disobedient and learned obedience from discipline.

If only I had some of the obedience the Son did in these passages! I am ashamed of many things, actions and behaviors before Christ. But because of Jesus' obedience to the Father He became the source of eternal salvation to all.
I am eternally grateful!

How did you learn obedience? 

Blessings, David

No comments:

Post a Comment