Sunday, May 21, 2017

F.A.I.T.H.

Drug overdose and suicide are happening all around us everyday. I have
heard it said that there is a God size whole that we all try to fill. Some
make worldly choices, chasing after fame, fortune and popularity. Then
there are others that seek to fill that hole with drugs, alcohol and
relationships. The problem is, the only "thing" that can truly fill that
hole is a relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ. The reason that I can
say that with confidence is because I have tried to fill that hole with
many of those "things", and then when I failed, the devil got a hold of me.
I survived the drug overdose and by God's grace, did not use the bullet
that had my name written on it. Surrendering to God's will, can be painful
in the beginning, but I want to let those that are struggling to make it
through the day, know, it is worth it. True comfort and peace can only be
found in the arms a loving God and not in anything else. The perfect
example of true love is found in *John 3:16 For God so loved the world that
He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not
perish but have everlasting life.17 For God did not send His Son into the
world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.*
There is a acronym, F.A.I.T.H. - Forsaking All I Trust Him. Dear Heavenly
Father, I am sorry for not trusting You in the past. I am sorry I have
failed You, time and time again. Thank You for Jesus in my life. I
surrender to Your will in thought, purpose and action. Help me please, to
love You more. In Jesus name, amen.

Douglas 

No comments:

Post a Comment