Saturday, May 27, 2017

Welcome Him. Matthew 18:1-5 NLT

I use to believe I had no time, no patience and no desire to be around children. I thought I was quite happy with my life the way it was. I worked full time and so did my husband. We could pick up and go when we wanted. I was proud we were "Double income, no children".

Once I dedicated my life to Jesus, I asked Him what He wanted me to do for Him. One of the places He put me was in Childrens Ministry. Me with kids? Are you serious Lord? I started serving in Sunday school then I helped with Vacation Bible School. That led to special event's for kids.

"Okay Lord, I've done the Children's Ministry thing. We even adopted and raised a boy. Is there some other area I can serve you in please?" After testing the waters in a few other areas of ministry, the Lord led me to Gospel Rescue Mission. Going there I thought I would start ministering to women. Maybe I would get to use my office skills for Him.  Where did I end up? With the children! God has such a sense of humor.

During my two years at the Mission, God taught me why children are so important to Him. You see, its harder to believe when we become tainted by the world. We develop cynicism, prejudice and indifference. We start to believe it's by our power instead of His. We become selfish and we start believing we don't need Jesus.

So you see, God took an inpatient, unhappy, selfish and proud person and turned her into someone doing something she never considered doing. He turned my cynicism into hope, my prejudice into love and my indifference in care. He showed my why children are His crowned jewels and how to  love them as much as He does.

Matthew 18:1-5 NLT
The Greatest in the Kingdom

1 About that time the disciples came to Jesus and asked, “Who is greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven?”

2 Jesus called a little child to him and put the child among them. 3 Then he said, “I tell you the truth, unless you turn from your sins and become like little children, you will never get into the Kingdom of Heaven. 4 So anyone who becomes as humble as this little child is the greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven.

5“And anyone who welcomes a little child like this on my behalf is welcoming me".


Blessings, Cecilia

No comments:

Post a Comment