Wednesday, May 10, 2017

May we be about our Fathers business!

Brethren, my hearts desire is to impact my world for the kingdom of God.
There are many different types of people with as many different goals and
agendas all around us. It seems as if their whole purpose is to get someone
else to believe things that have no eternal value. Politics, work ethics,
things about the earth and space, are all good to know something about, but
still, as Christians, we are called to share something different, something
more. It is made clear, *Matthew 28:19 Go therefore and make disciples of
all the nations [help the people to learn of Me, believe in Me, and obey My
words]...* As I read this verse, I think back of Anthony, a guy I worked
with. He was a good guy, a "Christian". I do not remember a lot of what he
said, but I remember what he did. He invited me to church, and not just to
church, he invited me into his home to have dinner before, with his family,
his wife, son and daughter. I saw by example what a "Christian" family is
all about. Because of my poor choices, he even drove me to church and then
also took me home afterward. This went on for about 3 months, every
Wednesday night. Through my time with him and his family, I learned a
little more by their example how to be a better Christian. Since that time,
by God's guidance I have been able to encourage others. My main agenda is
to let others know, *John 17:3 Now this is eternal life: that they may know
You, the only true [supreme and sovereign] God, and [in the same manner
know] Jesus [as the] Christ whom You have sent.* May we be about our
Father's business and not our own.

Douglas 

No comments:

Post a Comment