Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Weakest Reed Matthew 12:15-21 NLT

Sunday at Church Pastor told us there are over 330 prophecies in the Bible pointing to the Messiah. Jesus fulfilled all of those prophecies. The Books of Psalms, Isaiah and Daniel hold some of the more well known ones.
I love studying prophecy. It's what convinced me the Bible is truthful and God is real.

My favorite verse that Jesus quotes here is Isaiah 42:3 "He will not crush the weakest reed or put out a flickering candle. He will bring justice to all who have been wronged." 
We are the weakest reed. We are the flickering candle. That's us when we are battered, bruised and worn. That's us when this life has thrown everything it could at us and we are wondering "Where is Jesus now? "
He's right beside you holding you up. He's carrying you when you can't go any further. Because He promised in Isaiah 42:3. And that's a promise you can hold on to.
Matthew 12:15-21 NLT
Jesus, God’s Chosen Servant
15 But Jesus knew what they were planning. So He left that area, and many people followed him. He healed all the sick among them, 16 but He warned them not to reveal who He was. 17 This fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah concerning Him:
18 “Look at My Servant, whom I have chosen. He is my Beloved, who pleases Me.
I will put My Spirit upon Him, and He will proclaim justice to the nations.
19 He will not fight or shout or raise His voice in public. 20 He will not crush the weakest reed or put out a flickering candle. Finally He will cause justice to be victorious. 21 And His name will be the hope of all the world.”
Isaiah 42:1-4 NLT
1 “Look at My servant, whom I strengthen.
    He is My chosen one, who pleases Me.
I have put My Spirit upon Him.
    He will bring justice to the nations.
He will not shout
    or raise His voice in public.
He will not crush the weakest reed
    or put out a flickering candle.
    He will bring justice to all who have been wronged.
He will not falter or lose heart
    until justice prevails throughout the earth.
    Even distant lands beyond the sea will wait for His instruction.”
Blessings, Cecilia

No comments:

Post a Comment