Friday, April 7, 2017

1 Timothy 6 What principles do you teach and encourage by your actions?

1 Timothy 6
Berean Study Bible
Instructions to Servants
(Ephesians 6:5-9)
1All who are under the yoke of slavery should regard their masters as fully worthy of honor, so that God’s name and our teaching will not be discredited. 2Those who have believing masters should not show disrespect because they are brothers, but should serve them all the more, since those receiving their good service are beloved believers. Teach and encourage these principles.

Teach and encourage these principles. Good advice, for we all are His light in this dark and dying world. We no longer have slavery in this country but there is still slavery in parts of the world. Some will argue that working is a form of slavery. Those caught in a low end paying job, working day in and day out for a meager existence for survival. These verses can also refer to you, instead of being bitter, perform your service as onto the Lord.
Years ago when becoming an adult I had a wise man tell me that whatever I chose to do for a living learn a skill and choose a career working with my hands. He said by doing so when times got hard I would always have work. He was right.
Another thing I learned while growing up was to always do things to the best of my ability no matter what the task was, wether I liked it or not. This has also served me well.
If you are a servant, working for a master, working for a business, serving anyone, do it as if you are doing it unto the Lord. To the best of your ability, you will be rewarded if not on earth, in heaven by God Himself.
What principles do you teach and encourage by your actions?

Blessings, David

No comments:

Post a Comment