Sunday, April 23, 2017

Matthew 13:31-35 NLT

Most people I know remember the exact moment they gave their life to Jesus. They can recount the entire experience and what lead them to answer His call. They know the exact time, date and how old they were.
I remember it was in November, I know where I was sitting in the church. I know what service I attended that day. I even know I was wearing a purple and white striped sweater. I have to guess at the exact date though.
Shortly after I accepted the Lord, I wrote a prayer surrendering myself to Him and asking what He wanted me to do for Him. I tucked the written prayer away and waited for Him to answer. I never could have imagined the journey He was going to take me on.
Too many times we jump in and do what we think we should do for the Lord and not wait for Him to tell us what He wants us to do for Him. When we go ahead of God, Gods not in it with us. 
Matthew 13:31-35 NLT
Parable of the Mustard Seed
31 Here is another illustration Jesus used: “The Kingdom of Heaven is like a mustard seed planted in a field. 32 It is the smallest of all seeds, but it becomes the largest of garden plants; it grows into a tree, and birds come and make nests in its branches.”
Parable of the Yeast
33 Jesus also used this illustration: “The Kingdom of Heaven is like the yeast a woman used in making bread. Even though she put only a little yeast in three measures of flour, it permeated every part of the dough.”
34 Jesus always used stories and illustrations like these when speaking to the crowds. In fact, he never spoke to them without using such parables. 35 This fulfilled what God had spoken through the prophet:
“I will speak to you in parables. I will explain things hidden since the creation of the world.”
Blessings, Cecilia

No comments:

Post a Comment