Wednesday, April 26, 2017

I was no angel Matthew 13:53-58 NLT

Those that knew me before Christ probably scoff at my Christianity. "Her? Ha! If you'd known her as a teen, as a young adult, you'd laugh. " I was no angel then and don't claim to be one now. I've made mistakes, I've had regrets. But what I have now I didn't have back then is forgiveness. The day I realized God forgave the sins of my past, loved me with every fiber of His being and wanted to spend eternity with me was the day I became a Christian.

The people who knew Jesus when He was a teen and young adult scoff when He returns to His hometown. They know His mother and father, they know His siblings. They are an ordinary family with ordinary problems. But Jesus was no ordinary man. Yet even those who knew Him best didn't believe what He taught.

Don't believe me, don't listen to what I say, listen to Jesus. Believe Him. Believe that He forgives you, believe He loves you with every fiber of your being. Believe He wants to spend eternity with you too.

Matthew 13:53-58 NLT

Jesus Rejected at Nazareth

53 When Jesus had finished telling these stories and illustrations, He left that part of the country. 54 He returned to Nazareth, His hometown. When He taught there in the synagogue, everyone was amazed and said, “Where does He get this wisdom and the power to do miracles?” 55 Then they scoffed, “He’s just the carpenter’s son, and we know Mary, His mother, and His brothers—James, Joseph, Simon, and Judas. 56 All His sisters live right here among us. Where did He learn all these things?”57 And they were deeply offended and refused to believe in Him.

Then Jesus told them, “A prophet is honored everywhere except in his own hometown and among his own family.” 58 And so He did only a few miracles there because of their unbelief.


Blessings, Cecilia

No comments:

Post a Comment