Wednesday, April 26, 2017

2 Timothy 4 What personal concerns do you have?

Personal Concerns
9Make every effort to come to me quickly, 10because Demas, in his love of this world, has deserted me and gone to Thessalonica. Crescens has gone to Galatia, and Titus to Dalmatia. 11Only Luke is with me. Get Mark and bring him with you, because he is useful to me in the ministry. 12Tychicus, however, I have sent to Ephesus. 13When you come, bring the cloak that I left with Carpus at Troas, and my scrolls, especially the parchments.
14Alexander the coppersmith did great harm to me. The Lord will repay him according to his deeds. 15You too should beware of him, for he has vigorously opposed our message.

Desertion and great harm are not things I would want to be written about me, especially in the bible along with the words the Lord will repay him!
Before salvation, as a unrepentant sinner I did harm to people. Did you? I thank God for His Son and the free gift of salvation because without it my name minus well be Alexander!

Also notice what is said about Mark, he sparked division between Paul and Barnabas and now he is useful to Paul. Is there anyone in your life that sparked division and after time has become useful in the Lords work?

What personal concerns do you have?

Blessings, David
 

No comments:

Post a Comment