Tuesday, April 25, 2017

2 Timothy 4 Do you crave His appearing?

3For the time will come when men will not tolerate sound doctrine, but with itching ears they will gather around themselves teachers to suit their own desires. 4So they will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.
5But you, be sober in all things, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry. 6For I am already being poured out like a drink offering, and the time of my departure is at hand. 7I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 8From now on the crown of righteousness is laid up for me, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but to all who crave His appearing.

I recall when working for the Federal Government my second line supervisor had made a commitment about my church, that there we some things they taught he didn't agree with. Our church was a bible teaching, the word of God church, a church that used the Word of God to evangelize. He kept visiting different churches, trying to find one that fit his way of thinking. You could say he had itching ears.
So what was going on with my sencond line supervisor? Not long afterwards he left his wife and children and had a sex change operation. You could say  of him, "men will not tolerate sound doctrine, but with itching ears they will gather around themselves teachers to suit their own desires." He turned away from the truth and turned aside to sexual desires.

Be sober in ALL things! Wise advice from Paul. Endure hardship! Yes we will have rough times in this fallen world. Things will not be easy, but with Christ we can have peace knowing we are not of this world, we will have life after death. So, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry. Yes even you are important to Jesus Christ. Will you invest in His kingdom or burry your coin for safekeeping?

Paul was winding down, pored out like a drink offering, he finished the race. In the end he gives his life for Christ and will be martyred. He had a crown of righteousness laid up for him. Do you crave His appearing?

Blessings, David

No comments:

Post a Comment