Monday, April 3, 2017

I want it now!

Be Still and Wait are 2 phrases that I find difficult to do. For everyone
that knows me can see that I am a A.D.D. and sometimes A.D.H.D. type
person. Today's mentality seems to be that we are a microwave society.
Instead of working and waiting upon a real roast dinner, we throw in a
nukeable and hurry up the process. The 2 verses that I look to that help me
are, Psalms 46:10 “Be still and know (recognize, understand) that I am
God... and, Isaiah 40:31 But those who wait for the Lord [who expect, look
for, and hope in Him] Will gain new strength and renew their power; They
will lift up their wings [and rise up close to God] like eagles [rising
toward the sun]; They will run and not become weary, They will walk and not
grow tired. As I look to these verses and meditate on what they say, it
calms my spirit and helps me to refocus. As a mechanic, my purpose has
always been to "fix" things. As a Christian, I have learned that sometimes,
"I" can't. One of my favorite movies was Willy Wonka, and I remember Veruca
Salt saying, "I want it now". God has better plans than I can imagine, in
work, in relationships, in finances and so many other things. If I can "Be
still" and "Wait", I know that I will be blessed by God and not go down
like Veruca, lol.

Douglas 

No comments:

Post a Comment