Thursday, April 13, 2017

2 Timothy 1 Can you be a Paul to someone?

2 Timothy 1

Berean Study Bible
Paul's Greeting to Timothy
(1 Timothy 1:1-2)
1Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, according to the promise of life in Christ Jesus,
2To Timothy, my beloved child:
Grace, mercy, and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord.
Encouragement to Be Faithful
3I thank God, whom I serve with a clear conscience as did my forefathers, as I constantly remember you night and day in my prayers. 4Recalling your tears, I long to see you so that I may be filled with joy.
5I am reminded of your sincere faith, which first dwelt in your grandmother Lois and your mother Eunice, and I am convinced is in you as well.

Is there a Timothy in you life? How often do we thank God and pray for the "Timothy's" in our lives?
Recently a group from Calvary Tucson went on a mission trip to Mexico to build a home for a needy family. They do this twice a year. There were about fifty hard working souls and they do it in about three days. It's a glorified Tuff Shed with a cement floor and stucco walls all built by hand with hand tools, no power tools teaching as they go, spreading the Gospel and bringing souls to Christ. I just saw some of the pictures on Facebook and they filled me with joy.
If you saw the home in the background with cardboard walls it revealed to me how truly rich we are. Some of the pictures revealed the relief of the workers with clowning around when the job was finished. One picture was of brother Jim using a handsaw as a toothpick! Like Paul I miss my friend Jim. My nickname for him is Nehemiah.
Like Paul, we pray for the mission trip and pray for the lost.
The pictures of the mission trip remind me of their sincere faith in Jesus Christ.

If you can't go on mission trips there is still something you can do, you can be a Paul. You can constantly remember them night and day in your prayers, you can support the trip if financially able.
Blessings, David

No comments:

Post a Comment