Saturday, April 29, 2017

Bloom where you are!

"Bloom where you are planted", are words that a friend shared with me and
that I believe every Christian should truly take to heart. As we look at
the Book of *Acts 16:25 But at midnight Paul and Silas were praying and
singing hymns to God, and the prisoners were listening to them. 26 Suddenly
there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were
shaken; and immediately all the doors were opened and everyone’s chains
were loosed. 27 And the keeper of the prison, awaking from sleep and seeing
the prison doors open, supposing the prisoners had fled, drew his sword and
was about to kill himself. 28 But Paul called with a loud voice, saying,
“Do yourself no harm, for we are all here.”29 Then he called for a light,
ran in, and fell down trembling before Paul and Silas. 30 And he brought
them out and said, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?”* As I read these
words, I reflect on one job I had that felt like a prison to me. Big red
fence all around. Not able to talk to many people. There was one guy that
was warned that I was a "Bible thumper". Eventually, he surrendered to
Christ and I had the honor and privileged to baptize him, his wife and
children. As I look at where I am today, I see God's plan in where He has
me. Daily, I am able to share the love of my Lord and Savior with others
that don't know Him or just need to be encouraged to endure. I may not have
the "ideal job", but where I am today is making a difference in many
peoples lives. Brethren, I want to encourage you, "Bloom where you are
planted", time is short, Jesus is coming back soon and other people are
watching you. May we glorify God in all that we do, where ever He has us,
In Jesus name, amen.

Douglas 

No comments:

Post a Comment