Friday, April 14, 2017

2 Timothy 1 Crowd size?

Patience in Persecution
 (Matthew 10:16-25)
6For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands. 7For God has not given us a spirit of timidity, but of power, love, and self-control.
8So do not be ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, or of me, His prisoner. Instead, join me in suffering for the gospel by the power of God. 9He has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not because of our own works, but by His own purpose and by the grace He granted us in Christ Jesus before time eternal. 10And now He has revealed this grace through the appearing of our Savior, Christ Jesus, who has abolished death and illuminated the way to life and immortality through the gospel, 11to which I was appointed a preacher, apostle, and teacher.
12For this reason, even though I suffer as I do, I am not ashamed; for I know whom I have believed, and I am convinced that He is able to guard what I have entrusted to Him for that day.

Have you suffered as Paul did for your faith in Jesus Christ? Do Christians suffer at the hands of other Christians from different sects? What about Protestant verses Catholic? Do we/they show the love of Christ towards each other?

I recall when working, the facility had many doors, some coworkers would let the door close in front of me, another coworker would intentionally push the door closed if I was walking behind him. So I tried showing the love of Christ by simply holding to door open for them. At first, some refused to walk through the doorway. I would just stand there holding the door and smile. It took about six months but the gesture became reciprocal. The coworkers that allowed or forced the door closed would hold it open for me!
How do you show the power of love and self-control?
Are you ashamed of your testimony? Do you use your testimony to draw others to Christ?
No one is righteous, no not one.
As verse 10 states: "10And now He has revealed this grace through the appearing of our Savior, Christ Jesus, who has abolished death and illuminated the way to life and immortality through the gospel,"....

I've heard it said that those of us in Christ, when we die, Jesus welcomes us into heaven along with those that we brought to Christ that preceded us in death.
How big of crowd will be cheering you when you enter through the Pearly Gate?

Blessings, David

No comments:

Post a Comment