Thursday, April 20, 2017

Thanks be to God!

The needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few or the One. For many,
when they hear these words they think of Communism, and for others when
they hear these words they think of Christianity. As we look at the
scriptures we can see God's outline of love throughout its pages. We can
look at well known verses like John 3:16, Phil 2:8 and many others to see
unselfish sacrifice in it purest form, as Jesus went to the cross for all
of mankind. I am sure that, some of us would give up our own lives in place
of a loved one. How many of us would die for someone we don't even know,
much less a murderer, a thief, a liar or a drug addict? It is stated in,
*Romans 5:7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die; yet perhaps for
a good man someone would even dare to die.* As I look at who I am deep down
and evaluate my wretchedness before God, I am broken and thankful that I
can see the words in *Romans 5:8 But God demonstrates His own love toward
us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.* I was the
drug addict, thief, liar, and someone that was ready to kill that Jesus
came to save. Thanks be to God that Jesus paid a debt He didn't owe,
because mankind owes a debt that we cannot pay!

Douglas

No comments:

Post a Comment