Wednesday, April 12, 2017

I look to Gods word!

There are many thoughts that come into my mind everyday that seem to
control me more than I am able to control them. Thoughts of my past sins,
thoughts of past relationships, thoughts of past experiences and worldly
fun that all lead me away from God. There are some moments that I seem to
be living more in the past than I am in the present, and not really caring
about the future. This is not where I "live", but it is where I "visit"
occasionally. I look to God's word to help me get through these moments of
weakness, doubt and loneliness. I look to verses like *Phil 4:8 Finally,
believers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable and worthy of respect,
whatever is right and confirmed by God’s word, whatever is pure and
wholesome, whatever is lovely and brings peace, whatever is admirable and
of good repute; if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of
praise, think continually on these things [center your mind on them, and
implant them in your heart].* to help me to refocus. I think about last
weekend on a mission trip with 50 others, sleeping in a tent,
fellow-shipping in the Lord continually, and think about how different that
is compared to living in the world that I do and fighting and battling to
make it through the day pleasing God. Brethren please pray for me as I pray
for you. May God fill us with Holy Spirit to live our lives to please Him
in all that we do, in Jesus name, amen.

Douglas

No comments:

Post a Comment