Saturday, July 15, 2017

Who do you love more?

Who do you love more, God or family? The Christian life for some is an easy
transition, born in the church, come to know Christ and all is well. Then
there are those that had no choice, God or death, then dealing with the
consequences of that choice. Choosing between your family, who you have
idolized, and would of laid down your life for, or counting them dead for
knowing the greatness of Jesus is a hard decision. Jesus spoke clearly in
*Matt 10:34 “Do not think that I have come to bring peace on the earth; I
have not come to bring peace, but a sword [of division between belief and
unbelief]. 35 For I have come to set a man against his father, and a
daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her
mother-in-law; 36 and a man’s enemies will be the members of his [own]
household [when one believes and another does not].37 “He who loves father
or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; and he who loves son or
daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me.* Have you ever had that moment
when you realized that it is done? When your family will never be the same
because you chose to follow Jesus? I remember seeing my family through a
window, the woman who use to be my wife with another man, the children whom
I raised, the grandchildren I adored, sitting down to dinner as a family,
and I drove away in tears, because I followed after Jesus and they followed
the world. Since that time, my prayers have been more passionate, not for
my family to be reconciled to me, for them to be united with Christ. The
big decisions are never easy, though in the end, it is worth it. Love God
more!

Douglas 

No comments:

Post a Comment