Wednesday, July 19, 2017

I will hope in Him!

In a moment of time all of your life can change. Recently, Brandon, the son
of a friend of mine, was in a car accident and has sustained major neck
injuries. Another friend Gus, has been diagnosed with cancer and is in the
battle of his life. When we hear the words paralyzed, cancer, or whatever
other words shake your world, how do you deal with it? I look to the Book
of Job and see that his response to suffering was not joyous, but mournful
and yet worshipful at the same time. Job lost his oxen, donkeys, servants,
sheep, camels, even his children, and then his health. Job's response was
simple, *Job 1:20 Then Job got up and tore his robe and shaved his head [in
mourning for the children], and he fell to the ground and worshiped [God].
21 He said,“Naked (without possessions) I came [into this world] from my
mother’s womb, And naked I will return there. The Lord gave and the Lord
has taken away; Blessed be the name of the Lord.”* There are many things
that people face everyday that can seem overwhelming, stressful, and make
it challenging to make it through the day. My beloved brethren, I want you
to know that you are not alone in your battle. Whatever you are going
through, know that Jesus loves you and I love you too. My heart, and I pray
the same for all that read these words, *Job 13:15 “Even though He kills
me; I will hope in Him...* Maranatha, come quickly Lord Jesus!

Douglas 

No comments:

Post a Comment