Friday, July 28, 2017

One died for all!

Full time ministry is not something only done by Pastor's who are on staff
at a church, but something that every believer is in no matter what they
do. What is the purpose of life for the Christian? I believe that it is
simply stated in *Matt 28:19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the
nations [help the people to learn of Me, believe in Me, and obey My
words]...*. I think of people of the Bible and consider where it was that
God had them minister. Moses was called to Egypt in the midst of great
trial to set God's people free. Jonah was called to Ninevah, to a people he
hated. Paul was called to prison to help a guard and his family come to
Jesus. No matter where a believer is at, Christian's are called to live in
ministry. Ever since I have been a Christian, God has spoken clearly to me
as to where to go for work and He helped me endure through some challenging
times. Some of the time there were trials, other places there were people
who did not like Jesus or me, and also I was called to what felt like a
prison. One thing that I know for sure, when God took me to it, He also
took me through it. It is not about the hours that a person works at a job
that are most important, but what the believer in Christ invest in all of
those around him. My life verse is simple, *2Cor5:14 For the love of Christ
compels us, because we judge thus: that if One died for all, then all died;
15 and He died for all, that those who live should live no longer for
themselves, but for Him who died for them and rose again.*

Douglas 

No comments:

Post a Comment