Thursday, July 6, 2017

HIStory. Matthew 23:37-39 NLT

When I was in trouble as a child my mom or dad would get my attention by using my first and middle name followed by an exclamation mark. I had better answer and quick! 

When Jesus said something twice it was done to get the listeners attention. Here, it's Jerusalem He is speaking to, specifically the Jews. He came for them, to free them from the bondage of sin and the restrictions of the law, to give them salvation and eternal life with Him yet they rejected Him. 

Now He mourns for them, like any parent that wants to see their child succeed yet sees them headed for heartache and trouble. You pour out love, nurturing, protecting, providing yet they reject you and all the love you offer.  

Jesus is broken hearted. He knows His time is short, His chance for persuasion limited. Yet, it's not the final chapter, it's not yet the end of HIStory. 


Matthew 23:37-39 NLT 

Jesus Grieves over Jerusalem 

37 “O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the city that kills the prophets and stones God’s messengers! How often I have wanted to gather your children together as a hen protects her chicks beneath her wings, but you wouldn’t let me.  38 And now, look, your house is abandoned and desolate.  39 For I tell you this, you will never see me again until you say, ‘Blessings on the one who comes in the name of the LORD!’ ” 


Blessings, Cecilia 

No comments:

Post a Comment