Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Be more like Jesus!

Hypocrite, simply, "Do as I say, Not as I do". This word is not a word that
I yell from the roof top to other people, but one that I whisper to myself
as I go through the struggles of my own life. Some of the struggles that I
face are ones that I have battled with since my early childhood. I think
about the words of the Apostle Paul and wonder what he battled with when he
said in *Romans 7:15 For I do not understand my own actions [I am baffled
and bewildered by them]. I do not practice what I want to do, but I am
doing the very thing I hate [and yielding to my human nature, my
worldliness—my sinful capacity].* I feel some days like such a failure. I
strive to follow the instructions of the Lord Jesus in *Matt 7:3 Why do you
look at the [insignificant] speck that is in your brother’s eye, but do not
notice and acknowledge the [egregious] log that is in your own eye? 4 Or
how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me get the speck out of your eye,’
when there is a log in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite (play-actor,
pretender), first get the log out of your own eye, and then you will see
clearly to take the speck out of your brother’s eye.* As we go through life
it is so easy to see what other people do that may be offensive to God, and
yet, until we do all that we can to make our own lives right before God,
who are we to say anything? What some one else does is between them and
God. How we respond to what they do is between us and God. My Goals in life
are simple. #1 Be more like Jesus. #2 See #1.

Douglas 

No comments:

Post a Comment