Sunday, July 2, 2017

Are you cold, hot or lukewarm?

The single greatest enemy of Christianity, the church, your family, and
your very soul, is having a lukewarm religion. Jesus knows our works and
sees the moral and religious tepidity in the church, a lukewarmness that
borders on outright indifference to the things of God and a life of
godliness. He said to the church of Laodicea in *Rev 3:15 ‘I know your
deeds, that you are neither cold (invigorating, refreshing) nor hot
(healing, therapeutic); I wish that you were cold or hot. 16 So because you
are lukewarm (spiritually useless), and neither hot nor cold, I will vomit
you out of My mouth [rejecting you with disgust].* Every person lives their
life by one of three presuppositions for their faith or lack there of, (1)
there is a God, and He is worth living for, (2) there is not a God and I
live for myself, or (3) there is a God, but I live for myself anyway. Jesus
appears at times, to put in the position of affirming the indifferent pagan
over the back-slidden or worse yet, half-hearted Christian. There are only
three certain options for you today - you are cold, or you are hot, or you
are lukewarm. To be lukewarm is hypocritical Christianity with only a form
of godliness and loving pleasure more than God. Brethren, time is short,
Jesus is coming back soon. May we live with purpose!

Douglas 

No comments:

Post a Comment