Thursday, July 13, 2017

Whatever giant you are facing!

There are battles that we face everyday. Battles to be a better person, to
sin less, to love more, physical battles, emotional battles, spiritual
battles, etc.etc. The enemy tries to trip us up, beat us down, he whispers
lies into our ears, and tries to make us believe that we can never be
accepted by God because of what we've done. There have been many times that
I feel that I cannot win. I feel like a failure and just am not sure what
to do. I read something that said, "The army of Israel looked at Goliath
through the eyes of man and said he's to big to beat. David looked at him
through God's eyes and said he is to big to miss". *1 Sam 17:45 Then David
said to the Philistine, “You come to me with a sword, with a spear, and
with a javelin. But I come to you in the name of the Lord of hosts, the God
of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied. 46 This day the Lord will
deliver you into my hand, and I will strike you and take your head from
you. And this day I will give the carcasses of the camp of the Philistines
to the birds of the air and the wild beasts of the earth, that all the
earth may know that there is a God in Israel. 47 Then all this assembly
shall know that the Lord does not save with sword and spear; for the battle
is the Lord’s, and He will give you into our hands.”* Whatever battle you
are facing, realize that the God that helped David defeat his giant is with
you and able to help you defeat whatever giant you are facing. Christine
Caine wrote, “The giant in front of you is never bigger than the God who
lives in you.” Brethren, may we be encouraged and always remember *Phil
4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.* Trust in the
Lord and He will help you! My beloved, you are all in my thoughts and
prayers.

Douglas 

No comments:

Post a Comment