Tuesday, July 11, 2017

I Wish!

Wish list
My wish list. I wish I feared God as much as I should. I wish I knew the
Bible as much as other people think I do. I wish I had as much of the joy
of the Lord as what the Bible says I can. I wish I prayed as much as other
people think I do. I wish that I loved the Lord with all my heart, soul,
mind and strength without distractions. I wish that I learned about the
love of my Savior when I was younger. I wish I could get through the pain
of my past and what I did to others and what others did to me. I wish I
could live without fear and doubt. There are many other things that I
"wish", but there are many more things that I know because of the
scriptures. *2 Cor 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new
creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.*
And, *Matt 5:13 “You are the salt of the earth...14 “You are the light of
the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. 16 Let your light
so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your
Father in heaven.* We are all works in progress and when that comes to
mind, so does a quote by John Newton - “I am not what I ought to be, I am
not what I want to be, I am not what I hope to be in another world; but
still I am not what I once used to be, and by the grace of God I am what I
am”. Brethren, may we all remember that we are called to be salt and light
and not sugar and shadows. May we live our beliefs with confidence and
boldness.

Douglas 

No comments:

Post a Comment