Tuesday, July 25, 2017

James 1- Is your religion worthless?

26If anyone considers himself religious and yet does not bridle his tongue, he deceives his heart and his religion is worthless. 27Pure and undefiled religion before our God and Father is this: to care for orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

Did you get this point? "he deceives his heart and his religion is worthless".
Brethren, there are many Christians out there who give Christians a bad name! The world says of them, hypocrites! They harden the heart of some who say; if that's what it means to be a Christian then I don't want to be one.

My parents had six children and when they were gone, two of my sisters had worked behind the scenes and had taken his estate. It divided our family. I decided to leave it in Gods hands. One of my brothers commented in regards to our two sisters; "if that's what it means to be a Christian then I never want to be one"! One sister claims to be born again, another Catholic. Are "their" religions defiled and polluted by the world?
They couldn't grasp the meaning of my statement concerning myself; as a born again Christian living for the hereafter, I couldn't have done what you did.
Greed is a tool of the devil, many will perish from greed.
My brother was deeply hurt by them, he comments; I cant forgive them, the American Indian in me wants to scalp them and burry them in an ant hill.
I continually pray that God will open my sisters eyes, bring them to repentance and bless and protect them.
Please pray for my brothers and sisters.

Is your religion undefiled or polluted by the world?

Blessings, David

No comments:

Post a Comment