Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Love the ones that have been hurt.

Have you ever seen the love of Jesus NOT be in the church you attend, by a
few or many, by leadership or even just volunteers. Recently, I have heard
of many people leaving one church or another because of the lack of care,
support, encouragement, and the simple love that was needed to help them
with life. The Apostle Paul was concerned about the Church of Corinth, he
knew there were problems and what they were. *2 Cor 12:20 For I am fearful
that somehow or other I may come and find you not as I desire to find you,
and that you may find me too not as you want to find me—that perhaps there
may be factions (quarreling), jealousy, temper (wrath, intrigues, rivalry,
divided loyalties), selfishness, whispering, gossip, arrogance
(self-assertion), and disorder among you.* These problems were not just
isolated to the church of Corinth, I have seen them in today's church as
well. There are many different ways people deal with these issues. Some go
from one church to another, others leave "the Church" altogether, then
there are those that stay in spite of what people have done to them so that
others do not feel the same hurt as they have received. I may not be able
to stop the sins of others, but one thing I try to do is love the ones that
have been hurt, because I know what it is like to be "hurt" by "the
church". Brethren, Jesus loves you and I do too.

Douglas 

No comments:

Post a Comment