Friday, July 28, 2017

Judas. Matthew 26:17-25 NL

Betray-expose to danger by treacherously giving information to an enemy. 

Have you ever been betrayed by someone? I have and it hurts, it leaves scars. Several years after the incident that ended our relationship, I received a letter from her in the mail. As I read her heartfelt apology and asking of forgiveness I realized I had forgiven her, accepted her apology but did not want to restore our relationship. I would not be capable of trusting her again. 

Most of us assume once Satan entered Judas at the last supper, Judas was possessed until his death a short time later. Maybe Satan only possessed Judas  until the betrayal was complete then left him to deal with the consequences.

Maybe Judas did repent. After all, Judas did return the silver. Maybe he asked God to forgive him before he took his own life. Maybe he didn't take his own life because he was possessed but because he was remorseful and couldn't live with  what he had done.

When we arrive in heaven we may be surprised who we meet there, people we would never have expected to see because of what we knew of them on earth. Maybe even Judas will be there. 

Psalm 41-9 NLT 

9 Even my best friend, the one I trusted completely, the one who shared my food, has turned against me. 

Matthew 26:17-25 NLT 

The Last Supper 

17 On the first day of the Festival of Unleavened Bread, the disciples came to Jesus and asked, “Where do You want us to prepare the Passover meal for You?” 

18 “As you go into the city,” He told them, “you will see a certain man. Tell him, ‘The Teacher says: My time has come, and I will eat the Passover meal with My disciples at your house.’”  19 So the disciples did as Jesus told them and prepared the Passover meal there. 

20 When it was evening, Jesus sat down at the table  with the twelve disciples.  21 While they were eating, He said, “I tell you the truth, one of you will betray Me.” 

22 Greatly distressed, each one asked in turn, “Am I the one, Lord?” 

23 He replied, “One of you who has just eaten from this bowl with Me will betray me.  24 For the Son of Man must die, as the Scriptures declared long ago. But how terrible it will be for the one who betrays Him. It would be far better for that man if he had never been born!” 

25 Judas, the one who would betray Him, also asked, “Rabbi, am I the one?” 

And Jesus told him, “You have said it.” 


Blessings, Cecilia 

No comments:

Post a Comment