Monday, July 31, 2017

Trip And Fall. Matthew 26:31-35 NLT

Pride comes before a fall. It's a great warning that should make us stand up and take notice. Whenever I detect pride creeping into my head, I quickly repent and humble myself.

Now, I'm not talking about being proud of your spouse or kids or grandkids, I'm talking about self pride, the kind that starts making us think we did something through our own strength, will or knowledge. When we start thinking more of ourselves than we aught to.

What do we have that hasn't been given to us? Our very life we owe to God.

Next time you start thinking too highly of yourself for some achievement, stop and humble yourself, repent and thank God for His blessing,

Maybe if Peter had, the fall wouldn't have been so hard.

Matthew 26:31-35 NLT

Jesus Predicts Peter’s Denial

31 On the way, Jesus told them, “Tonight all of you will desert Me. For the Scriptures say,

‘God will strike the Shepherd, and the sheep of the flock will be scattered.’

32 But after I have been raised from the dead, I will go ahead of you to Galilee and meet you there.”

33 Peter declared, “Even if everyone else deserts You, I will never desert you.”

34 Jesus replied, “I tell you the truth, Peter—this very night, before the rooster crows, you will deny three times that you even know Me.”

35 “No!” Peter insisted. “Even if I have to die with You, I will never deny you!” And all the other disciples vowed the same.

Blessings, Cecilia

No comments:

Post a Comment