Sunday, July 2, 2017

Hebrews 12- Would God have disciplined me?

7Endure suffering as discipline; God is treating you as sons. For what son is not disciplined by his father? 8If you do not experience discipline like everyone else, then you are illegitimate children and not true sons. 9Furthermore, we have all had earthly fathers who disciplined us, and we respected them. Should we not much more submit to the Father of our spirits and live?

We just returned from a memorial in Chicago driving to and fro. Driving to was fine but returning on a Saturday evening was the pits! Bumper to bumper stop and go from Illinois through Indiana. Unfortunately we had to stop for fuel in Indiana. The station was packed. While pumping another car took cuts and started pumping fuel. The other driver was upset and a shouting match ensued. I interjected and explained to the upset driver I was almost finished and would back out of my spot and he could have it. I was waiting for gunfire to erupt! As I was backing out he thanked me.

If I had stood by and said nothing, would God have disciplined me?


Blessings, David 

No comments:

Post a Comment