Monday, July 3, 2017

We are fighting from victory!

Is Jesus truly your Lord and Savior? It says in *Romans 10:9 because if you
acknowledge and confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord [recognizing His
power, authority, and majesty as God], and believe in your heart that God
raised Him from the dead, you will be saved* There have been times in my
walk as a Christian, that obedience to God's word and following His
Lordship, did not happen. It felt like I was stumbling, falling down,
getting beat up, and ended up getting discouraged to want to even continue.
Charles Spurgeon wrote - "It may be hard going forward, but it is worse
going back". I learned that first hand. The enemy is trying to destroy the
testimony of Christian's everyday, and I realize that I have a target on my
back. When I get discouraged, I look to the verse *Phil 4:13 I can do all
things [which He has called me to do] through Him who strengthens and
empowers me [to fulfill His purpose—I am self-sufficient in Christ’s
sufficiency; I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him who
infuses me with inner strength and confident peace.]* Brethren, the battle
is raging, we must remember, we are fighting from victory, not for victory!
And we will be victorious, if we keep our focus on our Lord and Savior,
Jesus Christ.

Douglas 

No comments:

Post a Comment