Thursday, July 27, 2017

Did I make a difference for the Kingdom?

There is so much to do and so little time. I have always had too many irons
in the fire and always prioritized by taking care of whatever is screaming
the loudest. Everyone of us has the same 24 hours in a day. For me, my
biggest struggle is prioritizing life and all that goes with it. Work is 60
hours a week, then church and ministry another 10-15, after that, family
and friend time, then I have the to-do list of household chores, car
maintenance, pay the bills and then hopefully some sleep. My mind seems to
speed out of control sometimes, most of the time, lol, trying to figure out
how to get everything done. I look to the words of Paul and they help me to
calm down and focus. *Phil 4:8 Finally, believers, whatever is true,
whatever is honorable and worthy of respect, whatever is right and
confirmed by God’s word, whatever is pure and wholesome, whatever is lovely
and brings peace, whatever is admirable and of good repute; if there is any
excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think continually on
these things [center your mind on them, and implant them in your heart].*
When all is said and done, when I come to the end of my life, what is
really going to matter, what are the questions that I will ask myself? It
is not, should I have worked more, had a nicer house or more stuff. I pray
it will be, "Did I make a difference for the Kingdom? Did other people
truly know that Jesus loves them and that I did too?"

Douglas 

No comments:

Post a Comment