Sunday, July 23, 2017

James 1- Slow to anger! 💥

Hearing and Doing
19My beloved brothers, understand this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to anger, 20for man’s anger does not bring about the righteousness that God desires. 21Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and every expression of evil, and humbly receive the word planted in you, which can save your souls.

I use to have a quick temper but after becoming "born again" with the help of the Holy Spirit I have become more reserved, slow to speak and more of a defuser. 
I recall one incident when our neighbor came over upset because I located our property line through the woods with a GPS and spray painted orange dots on the trees to mark the line as I walked. He acted like a bully and tried to light a fuse. I talked calmly and tried to defuse him, but he wouldn't have none of it. He left as he came, angry and upset. Afterwards my wife said she was surprised by how calm and reserved I stayed. We prayed for him.

How about you? 
Do you drive like a Christian or a person of the world? It's easy to change your driving habits, do what my wife did. Put Christian stickers on your car! They will help change your driving habits quickly! If not people will say, look at that hypocrite!


Blessings, David 

No comments:

Post a Comment