Monday, July 10, 2017

Hebrews 13- You are priceless!

“Never will I leave you,
never will I forsake you.”
6So we say with confidence:
“The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid.
What can man do to me?”


“I cannot under the influence of this grand text find room for doubt or fear. I cannot stand here and be miserable to-night. I am not going to attempt such a thing; but I cannot be despondent with such a text as this, ‘I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.’ I defy the devil himself to mention circumstances under which I ought to be miserable if this text is true. Child of God, nothing ought to make you unhappy when you can realize this precious text.” (Spurgeon)

Last night we watched a movie called Priceless. It is a movie about sex trafficking which is based on a true story. It was produced by Christians and was well done without any nudity. If you look at the credits you may be surprised at the names you see.
It's a story of a man who unwittingly delivers two young women to sex traffickers. He then listens to the small voice inside him and frees them from the trade. It came with a price, a friend who helped him, a believer who lost his own daughter to the same trade. He willingly gave his life trying to protect the man and two young women.
“The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?”

Life on earth is only the beginning, it is preparation for our eternal heavenly life.
Watch to move to see the rest of the story and how the faith of two people allowed God to soften the heart of a man that was lost. The story didn't stop with these two women, a ministry and legacy was created in the name of the man who gave up his life.

How will you be remembered, what will be your legacy?

Blessings, David

No comments:

Post a Comment