Sunday, July 9, 2017

Hebrews 13- Be content!

Christ's Unchanging Nature
5Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, for God has said:
“Never will I leave you,
never will I forsake you.”
6So we say with confidence:
“The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid.
What can man do to me?”

When growing up in southern Michigan my parents would take us on camping trips. We traveled throughout the state and saw many different people and the lives they led. On one occasion my brother had our parents stop to buy worms for fishing at a house with a sign out front. It left an impression on brother because it was an elderly man and the home had a dirt floor. The next time we drove by the house my brother pointed it out to me.
Later in life after I married and bought a fixer upper house and the remodeling was slow. It would sometimes grind on my wife so I would point out this house and tell her at least we didn't have a dirt floor!

"be content with what you have"
Do you have a place to lay down your head at night? 
God has said; “Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you.”


Blessings, David 

No comments:

Post a Comment