Friday, August 4, 2017

The Cup. Matthew 26:42 NLT

Having been raised Catholic, I always had this picture of God as a judgemental, angry dictator who would strike me dead with lightning if I did something that mad Him mad. I felt like I went through the day slightly hunched, ready to duck in case I accidentally transgressed.

It wasn't until I left the Catholic church and started attending a good Bible teaching church that I heard of His love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. All the qualities He expects from us.

One day His wrath will be poured out on mankind. One day those who don't accept that Jesus died for them will pay the penalty for themselves. The price that started in the Garden and ended on the cross.

Matthew 26:42 NLT

42 Jesus left them a second time and prayed, “My Father! If this cup cannot be taken away unless I drink it, Your will be done.”

Psalm 75:8

For in the hand of the Lord there is a cup, and the wine is red; it is fully mixed, and He pours it out; surely its dregs shall all the wicked of the earth drain and drink down.

Isaiah 51:17

Awake, awake! Stand up, O Jerusalem, you who have drunk at the hand of the Lord the cup of His fury; you have drunk the dregs of the cup of trembling, and drained it out.

Jeremiah 25:15

  For thus says the Lord God of Israel to me: “Take this wine cup of fury from My hand, and cause all the nations, to whom I send you, to drink it.”

Blessings, Cecilia

No comments:

Post a Comment