Friday, August 25, 2017

1 Peter 1- Will you try to be holy today?

14As obedient children, do not conform to the passions of your former ignorance. 15But just as He who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do, 16for it is written: “Be holy, because I am holy.”a

“Be holy, because I am holy.”
Boy, that's hard to do isn't it?

During our lifetime, how unholy have we been? Spurgeon says we are undeserving, ill-deserving, hell-deserving objects! 
So how do we being unholy objects, "be holy"?
By one minute, one hour, one day at a time. We are no different than an alcoholic or addict. We crave sin because our nature is sinful.

Romans 7:15 I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do, I do not do. But what I hate, I do.

When you catch yourself being unholy, repent. When you catch yourself judging, repent. When you catch yourself sinning, repent.

Remember, even the holiness man on earth sins, the Bible is full of them.

Try to be holy, try to be like Jesus. 
Ask yourself, WWJD? What would Jesus do? 
The more you ask yourself WWJD and correct your behavior the closer to holiness you will be.

Will you at least try to be holy today?

Blessings, David 



No comments:

Post a Comment