Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Is it real?

Is it real, or are you just going through the motions? Many people live a
lie and are thinking, I will just fake it till I make it. There have been many
that walked side by side with me in ministry, that are no longer around for
one reason or another. *1 John 2:19 They went out from us [seeming at first
to be Christians], but they were not really of us [because they were not
truly born again and spiritually transformed]; for if they had been of us,
they would have remained with us; but they went out [teaching false
doctrine], so that it would be clearly shown that none of them are of us.*
There are many people that I come in contact with everyday that are only
living for things of today and will end up lost. *1 Cor 15:19 If we who are
[abiding] in Christ have hoped only in this life [and this is all there
is], then we are of all people most miserable and to be pitied.* As a
believer, I want everyone to see my passion for my Savior. There is a quote
by C. S. Lewis that touches on belief, "Christianity, if false, is of no
importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot
be is moderately important." There have been times in my life that I only
followed after Jesus half-hardheartedly, and for that I am ashamed. I know
one thing for sure, when Jesus went to the cross for me, for you, for the
world, His passion was us. I read, "Christianity is not a religion.
Religion is humans working their way to God. Christianity is God coming to
men and women through a relationship with Jesus Christ". *John 3:16 For God
so greatly loved and dearly prized the world that He [even] gave up His
only begotten (unique) Son, so that whoever believes in (trusts in, clings
to, relies on) Him shall not perish (come to destruction, be lost) but have
eternal (everlasting) life.*

Douglas 

No comments:

Post a Comment