Friday, August 25, 2017

I confess and believe!

Is Jesus the Lord of your life or do you just think He is? I have been
reading through the Bible and am currently in 2 Samuel. There are times
that I need to read those letters in RED, the words of the Lord. My Bible
opened to Matthew 7, and the words there made me really think about my
relationship with the Lord Jesus. *Matt 7:22 Many will say to Me in that
day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in
Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’23 And then I will declare
to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’
There are list in the Bible that clarify what "practicing lawlessness" is
all about, 1 Cor 6:9-10 and Eph 5:4-5, and there are many so-called
"Christians" who live in that manner. According to Matthew, there are many
that are doing work for someone that they do not know. For me, I need to
evaluate my life as to why I do what I do. I think about the words spoken
by Paul, *Phil 2:12...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling;
13 for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good
pleasure.* I believe that God is at work in my life to make me more like my
Lord Jesus everyday. Brethren, we all need to make a conscious decision who
Jesus is to each of us. There are many verses that give me comfort, then
there are some that give me boldness. I pray that this verse encourages you
as much as it does me. *Romans 10:9 that if you confess with your mouth the
Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead,
you will be saved.* I confess and believe, who else is with me?

Douglas 

No comments:

Post a Comment