Wednesday, August 23, 2017

God is always watching!

Doing the right thing is not always easy, but it is, what is always best.
There are some things that may seem innocent enough in the worlds eyes, but
among the believers and before God Almighty, might not be right. The Bible
states in *1 Thes 5:22 Abstain from all appearance of evil.* There are
definitely consequences to doing what is wrong, I will be the first to
admit that there are times that I give in to the flesh and fail in
different areas of my life. Sometimes it is the words I say and many more
times the words that I think, that are bad. But there can also be
consequences to doing what is right. There have been times when I have
spoken words of encouragement in Christ after being told not to. Your job
could be affected, friendships can be divided, relationships may become
challenging all in trying to please God and not men. One of my life verses
is *Col 3:17 Whatever you do [no matter what it is] in word or deed, do
everything in the name of the Lord Jesus [and in dependence on Him], giving
thanks to God the Father through Him.* Brethren, I want to encourage all,
we must choose our thoughts and actions based on godly principles rather
than personal gain. C.S. Lewis wrote, "Integrity is doing the right thing
even when no one is watching". And we must remember that God is always
watching.

Douglas 

No comments:

Post a Comment