Friday, August 11, 2017

James 5- Example of patience.

10Brothers, as an example of patience in affliction, take the prophets who spoke in the name of the Lord. 11See how blessed we consider those who have persevered. You have heard of Job’s perseverance and have seen the outcome from the Lord. The Lord is full of compassion and mercy.

"as an example of patience in affliction". 
When I had asked for patience with our son the Lord tried me harder. He was working in me to "form a new person". 
Now when I look to patience I look to the Book of Job. He didn't stop praising God. 

Change is hard and people don't like change. When we bought this house in the woods the edge of our property has a "right away" for electric and gas lines. It's private property but the utilities can use it for their services. 
The problem was so did snowmobiles and atv's. So I fenced it off and gated it. Remember, it's private property.

My neighbor came over and was mad, he didn't like it. He commenced to tell me what I could do and couldn't. Very calmly I explained the law and the research I did. 
If God didn't "try" me harder when I asked for patience I would have exploded when my neighbor acted the way he did in my home.
Instead I was calm, respectful and tried to reason with him. When he left I prayed for him.
He claims; "I'm the most unreasonable person he's ever met."

Are you an example in patience and affliction?
Do you have the perseverance to persevere like Job?


Blessings, David 

No comments:

Post a Comment