Tuesday, August 8, 2017

James 5- Are you helping the poor and needy?

You have hoarded treasure in the last days. 4Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts.

Years ago I hired a young neighborhood boy to help me dig a foundation for an addition. I promised him a certain wage but instead I gave him a television. I wish I could give him his wage plus interest!

When we hire anyone to do a job we need to give them their due wages. We wouldn't want them crying out against us and we certainly wouldn't want their cries to reach the Lord's ears! Many people live paycheck to paycheck. We wouldn't want to be the cause of their fall!

Ezekiel 16:49 "'Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy. 50 They were haughty and did detestable things before me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen.

Are you helping the poor and needy?

Blessings, David

No comments:

Post a Comment