Sunday, August 27, 2017

God is my hope, light, strength and comforter!

There are many different sayings and quotes that I have read, that help me
know that I am not the only one going through the trials, struggles and
disappointments of life. "I can't brag about my love for God because I fail
him daily, but I can brag about His love for me because it never fails."
Then there are some days that I forget who I even am to God. *Gal 4:7
Therefore you are no longer a slave but a son, and if a son, then an heir
of God through Christ.* I love God, I love Jesus, I love Holy Spirit, I
love people, the only problem I have is that I don't love them enough. I
fail all of them everyday in one way or another. Many times it is because
of pride and selfishness. For those who tell me to not be so hard on
myself, please understand, I know my sin before God and the penalty of it.
I also understand what Jesus did for me, for you, *Heb 12:2 looking unto
Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set
before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the
right hand of the throne of God.* "At my lowest: God is my Hope. At my
darkest: God is my Light. At my weakest: God is Strength. At my saddest:
God is my Comforter." I read this prayer and wanted to share it. "Father in
Heaven, Today I choose to release everything that has tried to hold me
back. I release the past; I release bitterness; I release failures and
missed opportunities. Instead, I embrace your grace and power to boldly
move forward into the blessing you have for me. In Jesus' name! Amen."

Douglas 

No comments:

Post a Comment