Friday, August 4, 2017

God knows all!

I do not know what the future holds, but I know Who does, God. In 1 Samuel
23, David has 2 different problems that he and his men are facing. King
Saul is in the midst of hunting them down and the Philistines are attacking
Keilah. David inquired of the Lord twice if he should go and fight the
Philistines, and God told him to go and that he would have victory and he
did. Saul heard of this and plotted against David. David asked, pleaded
with God specific questions and got specific answers. *1 Samuel 23:11 Will
the men of Keilah deliver me into his hand? Will Saul come down, as Your
servant has heard? O Lord God of Israel, I pray, tell Your servant.”And the
Lord said, “He will come down.”12 Then David said, “Will the men of Keilah
deliver me and my men into the hand of Saul?” And the Lord said, “They will
deliver you.”* After finding this out, David did the smart thing, time to
go! There are many verses that shows that God is omniscient - all knowing.
These verses bring me peace knowing that God knows all. *Isaiah 46:9
Remember the former things of old, For I am God, and there is no other; I
am God, and there is none like Me, 10 Declaring the end from the beginning,
And from ancient times things that are not yet done,Saying, ‘My counsel
shall stand, And I will do all My pleasure*. Brethren, God knows all, and
that is good to know.

Douglas 

No comments:

Post a Comment