Sunday, August 6, 2017

How is your heart ❤️?

"It is hard to get in shape if you only work out on Sunday's". "How is your
heart?". "Take authority over the spiritual realm". These are a few of the
comments that have come in response to yesterday's devotional. I know that
everyone meant well, and I want to say thank you. One thing that I am truly
thankful for, are all of the positive responses from those who read what I
wrote. Many had the intent to listen to what is going on, without the
intent to respond. I heard it said that, "I am just one beggar showing
other beggars where to find bread". As I go through my struggles, I think
about what the Apostle Paul wrote in *2 Cor 1:8 For we do not want you to
be ignorant, brethren, of our trouble which came to us in Asia: that we
were burdened beyond measure, above strength, so that we despaired even of
life.* After reading this, I know that I am in good company. Until you walk
in someone else's shoes, lived out what they are going through in their
heart and mind everyday, it is probably best not to say anything or just
encourage them in and through prayer. I think about Job and his friends. At
first, *Job 2:13 So they sat down with him on the ground seven days and
seven nights, and no one spoke a word to him, for they saw that his grief
was very great.* They should probably of just kept silent. After they spoke
they were rebuked. *Job 16:2 “I have heard many such things; Miserable
comforters are you all!* God even rebuke Job's friends. There are words
that Job spoke to God that encourage me, *Job 42:2 “I know that You can do
everything, And that no purpose of Yours can be withheld from You.* I
surrender to the will of God, no matter what it is.

Douglas 

No comments:

Post a Comment