Wednesday, October 4, 2017

You can never fool God!

I read, "If you tell me what you think, I’ll tell you who you are and the
life you live. What you think is what you are. The thought life controls
you". It is written in *Prov 23:7 As a man thinketh in his heart, so is
he*. There are many things that people do everyday that takes our focus off
of what God has called us to do and who we are suppose to be. We let our
minds wander to the things of the world and forget about the things of God.
I had someone tell me that they were going to see a movie that was rated
"R" because they needed to escape for a little bit. The reality of the
matter was truly their heart before God. It is written in *Prov 4:23 Keep
your heart with all diligence, For out of it spring the issues of life. 24
Put away from you a deceitful mouth, And put perverse lips far from you. 25
Let your eyes look straight ahead, And your eyelids look right before you.
26 Ponder the path of your feet, And let all your ways be established.*
This is truly easier to say than to do. Abraham Lincoln wrote, "You can
fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time,
but you cannot fool all the people all the time." And there is one other
very important thing that he left out, you can NEVER fool God. My prayer
before God is a simple request for help to do what is written in *Ps 119:11
Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.*

Douglas 

No comments:

Post a Comment